03 February 2014

Will CM Punk be back at Raw tonight?, Has WWE got any word from Punk, & Former WWE Writer comments on CM Punk

Is CM Punk going to be back? 

Will CM Punk show up and be ready to go back to work? Can Vince McMahon and company calm the situation? Hey, you never know. Everything could be smooth sailing again. As discussed, it is only a matter of time before Punk returns. It is just who blinks first – WWE or CM Punk. Very interesting Raw tonight. I assume the live crowd will voice their feelings loud and clear. Also, the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view and WWE Network is right around the corner. Few more weeks! Buckle up folks. The Road to WrestleMania is just getting started… - pwmania

Has anyone heard CM Punk yet? 

Word within WWE is that nobody has heard back from CM Punk after they’ve reached out to him via phone calls and text messages. The belief is that Punk is keeping to himself, except for people in his inner circle, and that circle isn’t going to talk about the situation.

Former WWE SmackDown head writer Alex Greenfield comments on CM Punk

 “I know there’s been a certain amount of dissatisfaction from Punk backstage according to the rumor mill anyway. He seems like he’s always got some level of dissatisfaction but it never occurred to me that he would walk away. I’m 70 percent sure this is not a work, that he has really walked away. Which isn’t to say he can’t be brought back but there is a chance that this some sort of high level story telling that they’re trying. Presuming it’s real I kind of understand it. His body’s all banged up, he’s looking at the same creative we are and probably feeling a very similar sense of dissatisfaction. I can understand walking away. It makes sense to me. It also makes sense to me though like I can articulate a story where in which this is a work and we get him together with Hunter and we can all sort of telescope that this is a work version of the story out and if that’s the case I just feel like this is the 2nd time we’ve gone to this well with this character so it doesn’t make sense to me that you would tell that story again which is one of the reasons why i think the preponderance of the evidence is that he’s actually walked away and I can feel it cause just as a fan I’m going to walk away for a little while.”

Source - pwmania