15 July 2013

Monday Night Raw Results - July 15, 2013

Paul Heyman confronted CM Punk

CM Punk knows better than most that actions speak louder than words, so it was hardly a surprise when The Straight Edge Superstar demanded that Paul Heyman present himself following Heyman’s betrayal at Money in the Bank. Bristling at Punk’s apparent notions of superiority since his return, Heyman indeed appeared and fessed up to his recent machinations in full. In fact, he did Punk one better, insinuating he turned his back on his friend because his first client – Brock Lesnar – was simply superior and would not fail him as Punk did at WrestleMania against The Undertaker.

Punk, of course, vowed to make Heyman pay, and was summarily repaid with pain when the mad scientist summoned Lesnar from the shadows and sicced the former UFC Champion on The Straight Edge Sueprstar. Punk valiantly rained elbows on The Anomaly’s head, but his heart wasn’t enough on this particular night when Brock unleashed a monstrous F-5 on the former WWE Champion, dropping him onto the announce table (though Punk did eventually make it to his feet) and leaving him to eat the concrete and his words in equal measure.


CM Punk: "I know Paul Heyman is in the building, And I know Brock Lesnar is in the building. And I know I am not waiting anymore, so come on out, boys."

Paul Heyman: "You know what I'm looking at right now? I'm looking at an empty ring because in my world, you don't exist, I martyred my entire career for you, We were The Best in the World.
Without me, there is no we. Without Paul Heyman, CM Punk, you're not The Best in the World. If you want to know why I double-crossed you, why I betrayed you ... here's the harshest truth of them all: I betrayed you because, CM Punk, you can't beat Brock Lesnar."

CM Punk: "The truth is, Paul, I'm going to get you, I swear on your children that I am going to get you and I will get everybody you conspired against me."

Related Links:
Live Event Digitalis > July 15, 2013
Screen Captures > July 15, 2013